All you need to know about staying at Beechwood
Our home is situated directly on the A22 in the middle of the mid-Sussex countryside and offers two guest rooms. Beechwood is a modern but established property with both rooms on the first floor, accessed via stairs. Gardens are gently sloped at the back, flat at the front and comprise just under one acre. We have no specialised disabled facilities.
- We are located directly on the A22 with easy access by car and with ample parking space.
- The nearest shops are approximately 4 miles away.
- The nearest bus stop is less than half a mile away. Buses run regularly into Eastbourne and Brighton.
- The nearest railway station is Uckfield which is 4 miles away. This provides a direct line into London (approx 1 hour 15 mins). Taxis are usually available at the station.
- We have 2 dogs but regret that we are not able to accommodate pets.
- Our web site www.beechwoodbandb.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further information about the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone, text, e-mail or fax. Please see the “Contact Us” section of the above web site for full details.
Arrival and Car Parking
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so that we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 3pm. An alternative check in is now available please ask for details
- Guests are asked to clear their rooms by 10 am.
- Parking is on a level gravelled drive in front of the house.
- There is one step of 5 inches up to the front porch and another step of 5 inches to enter the front door.
- The front door access is 31 inches wide and is equipped with both door-bell and door-knocker.
Guest Accommodation – Public Areas
- The main entrance is to a large open hallway, from which runs direct access to the stairs and to the guest dining area. The dining area consists of both dining room and conservatory which gives access the to the rear garden via 2 downward steps of 5 inches.
- There are 13 stairs of 8 inches to the first floor; comprising 8 of wooden finish to a right-angle bend and then a further 5 which are carpeted. There is a hand-rail on one side of these stairs and wall on the other. The stairs are 34 inches wide.
- There is a downstairs toilet that can be made available to guests during the day / evening
- We have two guest bedrooms which are both on the first floor.
- The property is centrally heated throughout.
Conservatory and Dining Room
- The dining room is used for serving breakfast.
- It is fully carpeted and contains one large dining table with chairs to seat up to 8.
- Space around the table and chairs is limited
- The conservatory is used for welcoming guests and for evening use. It comprises a further seating area as an option for breakfast, and a TV area with accompanying sofas and coffee table.
- We are not licensed for the sale of alcohol.
- Both bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted throughout with blackout blinds
- Tea and coffee facilities and bottled water are provided.
- We also provide a flat-screen TV and hair dryer, fridge, ceiling fan, wireless broadband access
- Our beds are made with duvets
- There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers and dressing table in each room.
- There is a folder in each bedroom which contains further information about the property
Bedroom 1 (The Emerald Room)
- Bedroom 1 is to the right at the top of the stairs.
- This is a large family room and offers a king-size bed plus single, as well as a small table and chair.
- It is directly linked to en-suite with corner bath and separate power –shower.
Bedroom 2 (The Sapphire Room)
- Bedroom 2 is to the left at the top of the stairs.
- This is a good size double room with king-size bed.
- It has its own dedicated bathroom immediately next door, with bath/ jacuzzi and shower unit.
- We have a large rear garden with lawns, trees, flower beds, patio and decking areas, as well as above-ground swimming pool and hot-tub.
- Guests are very welcome to enjoy our garden but please inform us first so that we can ensure our dogs are properly supervised.
- Access to the garden is via the conservatory.
- There are two steps of 5 inches into the garden.
- There is a patio outside the garden door which can be accessed without climbing any further steps.
- There are a set of 3 further gentle steps to access the garden beyond the patio.
- Sun loungers and gardens chairs are available for guests.
- A selection of local information and maps are available ion request.
- The property if fitted with fire alarms throughout as well as fire blanket.
- Smoking is not permitted in any part of the house or garden.
- We do not cater for small children, typically under the age of ten.
- We are happy to refrigerate any medication.
- Mobile phone reception at the property is mixed .
- Address: Beechwood, Eastbourne Road, Halland, East Sussex BN8 6PS
- Telephone number: is 01825 840937
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.beechwoodbandb.co.uk
- We are open all year except for Christmas and New Year.
If you require further details or have any comments about the services we provide do not hesitate to contact us.